An easy throw together - and healthy!! - Chinese recipe for comfort noodles is a very important one to have. Especially when we are in the midst of a four month lockdown!!
So without further adieu, here she is...
For 2 serves
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 finely shopped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 handfuls of shredded pork (or leftover chicken thighs work well too!)
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 handfuls of green - steamed broccoli and/or shredded spinach, kale or bok choy
- 1/2 packet your favourite noodles
- 1/2 litre of MFMs Beef & Chicken Broth
First make the sauce. Its all about the sauce ; ) Mix the tahini. tamari, maple syrup, 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, spring onion and chilli powder together - I like to use a small glass jar and give it plenty of shaking. Set aside.
Then cook your noodles in the broth. This won't look like enough broth but it will be mainly absorbed into the noodles which will give them a wonderful flavour! Whilst they are cooking, take the meat and sauté in the1 tablespoon of sesame oil with the minced ginger and the greens. After a few minutes take the noodles and left over broth and toss with the meat and greens.
Finally take the noodles, meat and greens and toss with the sauce and serve xx