Calling all Ramen lovers!!
I love ramen! Everything about this Japanese cuisine speak to me. The broth base, the noodles, the soft boiled egg and the delicate addition of seasonings and garnish which really make the dish.
Inspired by the recipes in Nancy Singleton Hachisu's Japan cookbook, I have slightly tweaked this recipe to suit the ingredients i have on hand.
For 2 serves
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 litre MFM Immune Booster Broth
- 2 serves ramen noodles (I like the ones by Spiral)
- 1 soft boiled egg
- 2 small handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 small handful of enoki mushroom
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Small handful chopped coriander (or spring onion works too)
- Yuzu spice mix if you can find one or make Japanese Shichimi
- Quarter sheet of nori on the side
Firstly cook the thighs under the grill until they are cooked through- about 5 - 10 minutes either side.
Soft boil the egg and set aside. Then cook the ramen noodles until al dente, rinse under cold water and set aside.
Bring the broth to a simmer, add the spinach and mushroom barely blanching. Then add the noodles to bring back to a hot temperature. In two bowls drizzle a teaspoon of sesame oil each. Then pour in the broth, taking care to gently transfer the spinach, mushroom and noodles evenly between each bowl. Then divide the chicken thighs between each and half the egg. Top with the coriander and any Japanese spice mix you have on hand. Serve with nori on the side. Enjoy - this is a superb dish!!